CHOCOLATE CHIA SEED ENERGY BALLS
1 cup Cashews
2/3 cup Pitted Dates
1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
1 1/2 tablespoon Natural Nut Butter
1/2 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1/4 cup Cocoa powder
Cocoa Powder & Chia Seeds (for dusting)
1. In two small bowls, soak cashews and dates seperately in warm water for 10-15 mins until slightly soft.
2. Drain out liquids for each and set aside.
2. In a food processor, blend the dates, maple syrup and nut butter until it becomes a fine paste (I used peanut butter in this recipe)
3. Add cashews, shredded coconut and cocoa powder and blend until well integrated.
4. On a large dinner plate, sprinkle a mix of cocoa powder and chia seeds until the bottom of the plate is fully coated. Be creative with tis step! You can add more toasted coconut if you'd like, or something else that strikes your fancy like crushed peanuts.
5. One tablespoon at a time, scoop out your 'dough' from the food processor carefully, and gently roll them into balls.
6. Roll the balls into your custom coating and use the plate to shake off any excess