A non-alcoholic recipe that captures some beautiful winter flavours like pine, citrus paired with grapefruit. Yields one cocktail
1.5oz Grapefruit Pine Cordial **
Squeeze of Lime Juice
Top with Fever tree Lemon Tonic
Ingredients (Grapefruit Pine Cordial):
10g dried pine needles
200ml grapefruit juice
10g citric acid
5g grapefruit zests
To make Grapefruit Pine Cordial:
1. Add 10g dried pine needles to 250ml hot water, bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Add 400g sugar and stir until dissolved.
2. Strain out liquid once cooled and add in a blender with to 200ml grapefruit juice, 10g citric acid and 5g grapefruit fine zests.
3. Blend until integrated. Strain out solids and bottle. Good in refrigerator for 2 weeks
To make 'Pink Songbird'
1. Mix Cordial and lime juice in wine glass.
2. Fill with ice and top 3/4 full with lemon tonic.
3. Give the drink a quick stir to integrate bubbles, top with more ice and tonic. Garnish with pine needles (optional)