This fresh and low alcohol serve combines flavours of green apple, celery and bay leaves with sake to create a floral, savoury sweet cocktail with a great, pearly texture.
2oz Junmai Sake
0.75oz Apple Celery & Bay Cordial**
1oz light tonic
Ingredients (Apple Celery & Bay Cordial):
3-4 fresh bay leaves
400g white sugar
125ml celery juice
125ml green apple juice
20g citric acid
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
To make Apple Celery & Bay Cordial:
1. Take 3-4 fresh bay leaves and put in mason jar with 400g sugar. Let infuse for a few days and remove leaves.
2. Combine 400g sugar with apple and celery juice, 10g citric acid and a pinch of ground black pepper in a blender.
3. Blend in blender until smooth. Strain out any solids and bottle & refrigerate.
To make Green Songbird Cocktail:
1. Combine all ingredients in glass and place a large rock in the centre.
2. Stir all ingredients in the glass with a large rock, top with a splash of light tonic.
3. Garnish with 1 fresh bay leaf and enjoy!