SPICED BEET SHRUB
An earthy, citrus forward healthy additive to your non-alcoholic serve! Yield: About 700ml
1/2 cup fresh pressed beet juice (save pulp)
1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (save peels)
3 pieces 1 inch ginger
1/4 tablespoon pink peppercorns
3/4 cup honey
3/4 cup champagne vinegar
1. Juice 5 beets (yield 1/2 cup juice and 3 oranges (yields 1/2 cup juice), keep pulp from both fruits.
2. In 1L mason jar, combine orange pulp, ginger and pink peppercorns. Muddle to release all oils.
3. In mason jar, add 3/4 cup honey and beet pulp, then add champagne vinegar, beet and orange juice.
4. Lid mason jar and shake well.
5. Leave mixture in refrigerator for 1 week. Strain out all solids.
6. Good for 3-4 weeks in refrigerator.
MONDAY BRAIN COCKTAIL
1oz spiced beet shrub
0.75oz Seedlip Grove 42
Top with non alcoholic prosecco
mint to garnish
1. In tall collins glass, add spiced beet shrub and seedlip grove, fill with ice.
2. Stir for 10-15 seconds. Top with non-alcoholic prosecco.
3. Quick last stir to integrate flavours, garnish with mint.